Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefit Cap

Hi, will I be benefit capped if my partner is working? He earns £1650 PM. Before deductions our UC is around £1722 (if calculated correctly) but after deductions it is £867 (roughly) I can’t work at the moment my little boy is going to school in Sept 2021 and I’m currently 16 weeks pregnant. Please could I get some advice, thank you

Originally posted by Chelseanewland View Post
    Hi, will I be benefit capped if my partner is working? He earns £1650 PM. Before deductions our UC is around £1722 (if calculated correctly) but after deductions it is £867 (roughly) I can’t work at the moment my little boy is going to school in Sept 2021 and I’m currently 16 weeks pregnant. Please could I get some advice, thank you
    Hi Chelseanewland
    Having earnings of over £617 exempts anyone to the cap, so you are definitely exempt.

Plus £867 is nowhere near the cap. It is the amount of UC after deduction for wage that they use.

Comment

• Chelseanewland
      Chelseanewland commented
      Editing a comment
      Amazing thank you so much, I was getting in such a fluster trying to work it out. Thank you for getting back to me

No worries. The benefit cap is awful if you are subject to it but you are definitely safe 🙂

Comment

Working...
    X