Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childcare costs when LCWRA has still not been awarded.

My daughter is 3 and gets the usual 15 hours funded. I looked into getting the 30 hours but my husband doesn't work and doesn't get any of the qualifying benefits that were listed, only PIP but not high enough rate. He applied for LCWRA in October 2020 and has since had two telephone consultations, the second one in December 2021 after they decided not to do a face to face. Still no outcome. As far as I can see we would only childcare funded up to 85% if he was awarded LCW or LCWRA , is that right or can we we awarded based on the handing in of sick notes? I asked on my UC online account and just got a generic reply that pointed me to all the info I've already read so no help!

Is there anyone that can help me?

Comment

Originally posted by Y0219657 View Post
      My daughter is 3 and gets the usual 15 hours funded. I looked into getting the 30 hours but my husband doesn't work and doesn't get any of the qualifying benefits that were listed, only PIP but not high enough rate. He applied for LCWRA in October 2020 and has since had two telephone consultations, the second one in December 2021 after they decided not to do a face to face. Still no outcome. As far as I can see we would only childcare funded up to 85% if he was awarded LCW or LCWRA , is that right or can we we awarded based on the handing in of sick notes? I asked on my UC online account and just got a generic reply that pointed me to all the info I've already read so no help!
      Apologies this was missed.

Yes he would need to have the award in place.

Has he chased up the result of the assessment. If you feel it is taking too long you can make complaint https://makeacomplaint.dwp.gov.uk/

Comment

Y0219657 hi

Apologies for the delay in replying

Unfortunately he would need to have the lcw/lcwra award in place to meet the qualifying conditions of claiming childcare via uc

Comment

Thanks for your replies. We’ve finally had an answer and they have said he’s capable of work so not even LCW. We are so disappointed and can’t believe that not even LCW was awarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Y0219657 View Post
            Thanks for your replies. We’ve finally had an answer and they have said he’s capable of work so not even LCW. We are so disappointed and can’t believe that not even LCW was awarded.
            I am sorry to hear this. Have you asked for a copy of the assessors report. UC can provide you with this. You can then use this to challenge the decision. Health and disability | UC Essentials (uceplus.co.uk)

Comment

Working...
            X