No announcement yet.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Child care

    Hello does anyone know if uc Will pay childcare costs of my husband is away at university in Surrey ( 2 hours away from home) living in halls full time And I am a carer for my son

    Jadee assuming you are on a joint claim, uc wouldn’t cover this cost if the childcare isn’t related to childcare for working

    On a joint claim, both claimants must be working OR one working & one receiving carers/lcw/lcwra

    Uc would only then cover relevant costs relating to childcare needed for them to be able to work/care for someone.

    For childcare relating to students/studying this would be something that would need to be applied for via student finance