Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employer claim and UC

Hi, can anyone help me out please! I am so stressed and confused . So I started a new job on 1/9/2021 got paid at the end of the month ,claimed my earning to UC (apparently not employer and UC paid me in concideration of what I claimed . This month before my payment from UC ,I noticed that the calculation wasn't right (well for me ) ,It showed way less than what I should have and employer claiming double of what I earned , sent a message in my journal , they had an investigation and had a response today that RTI was correct and that deductions (wage +Student loan deduction) are not accountable by UC so no rectification will be done . Apparently my employer counted my previous wage (sep) as an advance . So deducted it from what they claimed(oct) but it's not counted by UC . That leaves me with a biiiig confusion, can my employer do this !!!is it a mistake ? I am now 800 pound plus worse of. Contacted HR and they say they are not sure about that and it's DWP that needs to be contacted .

Originally posted by A Nourjan View Post
    Hi, can anyone help me out please! I am so stressed and confused . So I started a new job on 1/9/2021 got paid at the end of the month ,claimed my earning to UC (apparently not employer and UC paid me in concideration of what I claimed . This month before my payment from UC ,I noticed that the calculation wasn't right (well for me ) ,It showed way less than what I should have and employer claiming double of what I earned , sent a message in my journal , they had an investigation and had a response today that RTI was correct and that deductions (wage +Student loan deduction) are not accountable by UC so no rectification will be done . Apparently my employer counted my previous wage (sep) as an advance . So deducted it from what they claimed(oct) but it's not counted by UC . That leaves me with a biiiig confusion, can my employer do this !!!is it a mistake ? I am now 800 pound plus worse of. Contacted HR and they say they are not sure about that and it's DWP that needs to be contacted .
    Hi and welcome to our community.

Can I check were you already claiming UC when you started your new job?

Are you saying that the employer didn't pay you in the first month but gave you an advance on wages? Were they counted in your UC assessment period. If they weren't counted and UC paid the full amount with no deduction for wages then this is correct. If your first wage was counted then you can request an RTI dispute

Comment

HI THANK YOU FOR REPLY, I HAVE BEEN CLAIMING Uc way before the start of the new job.
      to answer you third question , I think that is what my employer done it was a wage for me so I reported it when I got it . i will certainly request it but even though I will be 500 pounds worse off

Comment

HI THANK YOU FOR REPLY, I HAVE BEEN CLAIMING Uc way before the start of the new job.
        to answer you third question , I think that is what my employer done it was a wage for me so I reported it when I got it . i will certainly request it but even though I will be 500 pounds worse off
        The wage you reported was that your first wage

Comment

The self reported earnings for the advance need to be removed so that your entitlement can be corrected.

advances of earnings are not taken into account when paid to you but are when repaid.

Comment

Working...
          X