Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hi there View Post
    Yes it is in writing so the £300 says it is PILON Pay in Lieu of notice and subject to No and tax and £2300 is settlement payment
    If the £2300 is reported to HMRC as pay not subject to tax & NI it will not show up on your UC statement - only the PILON of £300

the non taxable amount would only affect UC if it led to your overall capital hitting 6k (from what you’ve said this is not the case)

Comment

So if I ask my employer to report it to HMRC as pay not subject to tax that should be fine?

Comment

So if I ask my employer to report it to HMRC as pay not subject to tax that should be fine?
        If its non taxable he should report that way anyway

Comment

Ok thanks. Universal credit advisors have messed this up so much telling me completely contradictory information. It’s not actually defined anywhere but the only thing I can find is that if I receive a one of lump sum of money and or a payment which is made without reference to a period then is classify as capital. Apparently …

Comment

Ok thanks. Universal credit advisors have messed this up so much telling me completely contradictory information. It’s not actually defined anywhere but the only thing I can find is that if I receive a one of lump sum of money and or a payment which is made without reference to a period then is classify as capital. Apparently …
            Thats correct about it being capital. I can understand your frustration when you hear different information from different people. Its partly the reason we began giving advice because we found we were given such incorrect information on numerous occasions

Comment

Thank you anyway x

Comment

I had a compensation payment as I was medically retired due to ill health . I was allowed to keep it . It was about 2 grand

Comment

Working...
                X