Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given laptop to help look for work but not happy with it

Hello. I was given an 11" laptop by UC. I collected it today and was setting it up as I have a job I'm interested in and will need to do it online. I'm extremely grateful for the laptop. However, it's just so slow. My job means I will need to make lots of video calls and the quality of the webcam is really bad, as well as the laptop being so slow. Do UC penalise me if I gave it back and asked for something more suited to my job? I don't want to be sanctioned, especially as I will receive less money because of Covid next month, already down by £80

Originally posted by Livelaughlove View Post
    Hello. I was given an 11" laptop by UC. I collected it today and was setting it up as I have a job I'm interested in and will need to do it online. I'm extremely grateful for the laptop. However, it's just so slow. My job means I will need to make lots of video calls and the quality of the webcam is really bad, as well as the laptop being so slow. Do UC penalise me if I gave it back and asked for something more suited to my job? I don't want to be sanctioned, especially as I will receive less money because of Covid next month, already down by £80
    Hi
    You can give it back and explain why its not suitable. However I am not sure whether you would be able to get a more suitable one. Was it given for the job or just to help you access your journal and work search. This is not somehting you can be sanctioned for though.

If you have a job that expects you to work from home and make video calls the employer should provide the equipment you need to do this

Comment

Working...
    X