No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work Interview

Hello,

Could someone please advise me? I have been asked to attended this but I'm under the assumption I would be left alone as my partner earns over the AET and we are in light touch.

We've been on UC since Feb 2020 I've not had any contact with anyone since the first app in 2020.

We have a 6 year old, he's 7.

My partners earning have not changed.

Is this appointment necessary?

I'm freaking out as my partner has Epilepsy so I cannot leave our son with him alone if I'm made to go to work.

My partner does not claim any benefits such as Pip but we are looking into it as his seizures have increased in the last year.
    ​​​​​​​
    Thank you.

I have left this note but I'm freaking out.

Comment

gina94xo hi & welcome to the community

apologies for the delay in replying

Did you get a reply on your journal?

Did your partners income decreased for the last ap at all?
      Or did he have 2 wages in 1 ap then none in the next at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Lamb View Post
        gina94xo hi & welcome to the community

apologies for the delay in replying

Did you get a reply on your journal?

Did your partners income decreased for the last ap at all?
        Or did he have 2 wages in 1 ap then none in the next at all?
        Hi, thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the flustered post.

I haven't had a reply on the journal.

Our ap dates are 15th - 14th

My partner was paid 17th Dec and today 14th Jan which is our 2 pays in one AP.

He is paid 4 weekly and works in a Supermarket. I'm aware of the 2 pays in 1 ap once a year and this has not been an issue before.

Wages havent changed, they hover between £1057 - £1090 take home pay.

Nothing at all has changed with our claim.

Comment

It is very strange & may be a genuine mistake

In light touch you wouldn’t even have a work coach

When is the appointment for?

Comment

It is very strange & may be a genuine mistake

In light touch you wouldn’t even have a work coach

When is the appointment for?
            It is for Wednesday 19th Jan at 12:50 - 13:00.

Obviously I will attend because I don't want to be sanctioned but it's just thrown me off and made me quite anxious.

Comment

Here is our last statement so you can get an idea of our claim. We live with my mum hence no rent.

Comment

Ok

I would send another message under “a payment” asking if the appointment is correct & mandatory as your commitments reflect that of light touch regime therefore shouldn’t be having appointments to attend with a work coach & ask for a response to be made in advance of the appointment to ensure if it isn’t needed that you do not have a wasted journey & see if they reply by Weds

It shouldn’t be a mandated appointment, nor should you be sanctioned as it isn’t part of your commitments; however if they don’t get back to you & you’re able to attend I probably would just in case they try to which you’d then have to dispute.

Hopefully it would be rectified before then - if you do have a wasted journey, where when you get there they agree you are in light touch & didn’t need the appointment, id then raise a complaint

Comment

Ok

I would send another message under “a payment” asking if the appointment is correct & mandatory as your commitments reflect that of light touch regime therefore shouldn’t be having appointments to attend with a work coach & ask for a response to be made in advance of the appointment to ensure if it isn’t needed that you do not have a wasted journey & see if they reply by Weds

It shouldn’t be a mandated appointment, nor should you be sanctioned as it isn’t part of your commitments; however if they don’t get back to you & you’re able to attend I probably would just in case they try to which you’d then have to dispute.

Hopefully it would be rectified before then - if you do have a wasted journey, where when you get there they agree you are in light touch & didn’t need the appointment, id then raise a complaint
                  Thank you so much, I will do this now. I really appreciate your help and replies

Comment

No problem at all - let me know how you get on

Hopefully you should have a reply monday morning

Comment

No problem at all - let me know how you get on

Hopefully you should have a reply monday morning
                      Issue resolved, thank you for the help Kate

Comment

Fab glad its all sorted for you 😊

Comment

Working...