No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wglg tribunal outcomes

Hi,

we have an ongoing appeal with wglg which my partner won... but when I went to tribunal they said it should have been a joint hearing and they will rescheduled it (this was in may we are still waiting) I was wondering if anyone else has won this recently?

thanks

sam

Originally posted by Sammydodger88 View Post
    Hi,

we have an ongoing appeal with wglg which my partner won... but when I went to tribunal they said it should have been a joint hearing and they will rescheduled it (this was in may we are still waiting) I was wondering if anyone else has won this recently?

thanks

sam
    I've never heard of this happening. Does that mean they have put his hearing aside.

Have you contacted the court to ask if a new date has been set yet

Comment

Yes we are awaiting another date - I have emailed the court to ask for an emergency hearing because it’s putting us in hardship!

Comment

Yes we are awaiting another date - I have emailed the court to ask for an emergency hearing because it’s putting us in hardship!
        Have you both had to resubmit the info. Did you have the pdf document that UCE produced showing why the WGLG shouldn't be counted

Comment

I had one ages ago I’m assuming it’s the same? It’s been like a year haha! I have submitted so much!! Also made a point about if you get special support grant you can only be entitled to the reduced loan amount - so the fact I have the maximum amount of reduced loan and wglg it proves it doesn’t reduce it or it would be less! (Of that makes sense)

anyway I emailed the court for an urgent hearing and they have agreed it and we will know within 14 days when it is

Comment

I had one ages ago I’m assuming it’s the same? It’s been like a year haha! I have submitted so much!! Also made a point about if you get special support grant you can only be entitled to the reduced loan amount - so the fact I have the maximum amount of reduced loan and wglg it proves it doesn’t reduce it or it would be less! (Of that makes sense)

anyway I emailed the court for an urgent hearing and they have agreed it and we will know within 14 days when it is
            Fingers crossed for you

Comment

We have not got a date in November for a video tribunal - it says we can include any representatives - would that be something one of you guys could join?

Comment

We have not got a date in November for a video tribunal - it says we can include any representatives - would that be something one of you guys could join?
                Sorry for the delay.

This is not something we have considered before. Let me have a chat with our team and get back to you

Comment

Thank you

Sam

Comment

Thank you

Sam
                    Hi Sam
                    thanks for your patience. I am not sure this is something we can do. As you know one of our advisers is unwell at the minute and I can't represent you due to a conflict with my day job.

To be honest you are very knowledgeable about how the WGLG should be treated and understand it as well as we do. You have all the information and know that you are arguing the grant is topped up by the loan rather than the grant replacing the loan.

If you want me to go over any of this before the tribunal I am happy to do so and happy to chat over phone if easier for you. If you let me know the date and time I will try to be around online for any support needed.

Comment

Thank you so much!

It’s Friday at 10am - they havnt really put any evidence in just their own workings out! I have no idea where they throw their figures out from and clearly they don’t either

am I correct in saying that when SSG is in place the loan entitlement is the minimum reduced loan and that’s the maximum they will give you?

thanks

sam

Comment

Thank you so much!

It’s Friday at 10am - they havnt really put any evidence in just their own workings out! I have no idea where they throw their figures out from and clearly they don’t either

am I correct in saying that when SSG is in place the loan entitlement is the minimum reduced loan and that’s the maximum they will give you?

thanks

sam
                        Hi

Uc use the argument that your loan is reduced by the amount of WGLG you get. This means they can ignore the grant but count the loan including the reduction for WGLG. The base WGLG is £1000 so uc deduct this from the grant and use this as part of the loan.
                        Does that make sense

Our argument has always been that you are awarded the WGLG and this is topped up by the loan. This means the whole grant should be ignored.

The grant was ignored until the last year or two when UC suddenly started counting it. Nothing has changed in legislation in this time.

If you can show errors in their calculations this will help you as it shows confusion on the part of UC.

If you stick to the argument above and that there has been no change in legislation to warrant the change in how uc count the WGLG I would be hopeful for you.

Do you have our pdf which explains in detail

Comment

Sammydodger88 good luck today

Comment

Their representative turned up and basically said that it’s all down to Interpretation because their is no specific guidance for welsh students - and if we lived in England it would be different etc but because it’s already been approved in tribunal with another judge for my partner and we’re a joint claim she doesn’t see why she is even there arguing it - and she apologised that it’s been going on for so long.. it should have been agreed for both of us as it’s the same thing we are appealing and she’s going back to the legal team to say sending us to tribunal again would be pointless unless any law or changes are implemented before then it’s a waste of time..

so basically we have won ❤️ Thank you so so much for all your help and support - fingers crossed they apply it to this years finance now!!

Comment

Sammydodger88 I know kay has been helping you with this but I’d just popped on whilst on way to work to wish you all the luck for today!

Then seen your excellent news! 😊

So glad this is all sorted for both of you - I’m sure Kay will be on soon & see your reply 😊

Comment

Working...
                              X