Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What parts of Student Finance can UC take into account?

Hello,

I was just wondering what parts of Student Finance UC can take into account please?

The breakdown of what I get is -

Maintenance Loan of £2,250.00
    Welsh Government Learning Grant £8,100.00
    Parents' Learning Allowance £228.55

I believe last year they only took into consideration my Maintenance Loan will this be the same again for this year?

Thank you

Originally posted by Amy Jenna View Post
    Hello,

I was just wondering what parts of Student Finance UC can take into account please?

The breakdown of what I get is -

Maintenance Loan of £2,250.00
    Welsh Government Learning Grant £8,100.00
    Parents' Learning Allowance £228.55

I believe last year they only took into consideration my Maintenance Loan will this be the same again for this year?

Thank you
    Are you at a brick uni or OU?

UC have started taking the WGLG into account apart from the first £1000, however we disagree with this and suggest anyone who has it deducted should challenge this decision through a mandatory reconsideration and tribunal if necessary

Comment

Hi,

I am at a brick Uni. When did they start taking it into consideration as its never been touched over the last 2 years I've had it from the looks of things.
      How do we go about challenging it? And on what grounds? It's award to me for equipment and travel expenses, I thought on that basis they weren't allowed to touch it.

Thanks

Comment

Student Finance have also said that it should be the Special Support Grant but that can't be awarded until after my start date because of the evidence needed needs to be dated after my start date at University, do UC take the Special Support Grant into consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Jenna View Post
          Hi,

I am at a brick Uni. When did they start taking it into consideration as its never been touched over the last 2 years I've had it from the looks of things.
          How do we go about challenging it? And on what grounds? It's award to me for equipment and travel expenses, I thought on that basis they weren't allowed to touch it.

Thanks
          UC started using WGLG about from the 19/20 academic year, All of a sudden they said the grant was replacing the loan and therefore could be counted. We totally disagree with this as Welsh finance is structured to award the grant first and top this up with the loan not the other way round.

We suggest you raise an MR through your journal, however the likiehood is that you will be expected to go to tribunal. We can give you a pdf report detailing why the WGLG shouldn't be taken into account

Special support grant should not be counted at all

Comment

Working...
          X