Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capability for work questions

Can I complete the carers section on my partners form if We have a joint claim?

Originally posted by KirstJ84 View Post
    Can I complete the carers section on my partners form if We have a joint claim?
    Is that other information on page 21? Yes, you absolutely can or you can choose to write a letter alongside it and just make sure to put his NI number on it.

Remember that the important thing is reliably, repeatedly, safely and in a timely manner so make sure to write about any after effects or limitations of doing certain tasks.

Comment

It’s page 3/4 regarding Carers, relatives or friends that can write about how it effects you

Comment

It’s page 3/4 regarding Carers, relatives or friends that can write about how it effects you
        Yes you can put your details there if you wish. Tends to hold more weight if you do have professionals you can put as well but then that depends on the condition and input.

Remember you can use extra space page and other sheets of paper with NI number on them.

Page 21 has space for carer or someone else to write info.

Its better to assume they won't go out their way to get info and provide whatever info you can.

Comment

Thanks for you advise

Comment

I don’t know if the picture is showing but I added a photo of the page it’s page 4 which I’m thinking I do doctors details for that page and can I complete page 21 being ok part of same claim? Same hand I have a medical assessment form for my mental health so can my partner complete my page 21?

Comment

I don’t know if the picture is showing but I added a photo of the page it’s page 4 which I’m thinking I do doctors details for that page and can I complete page 21 being ok part of same claim? Same hand I have a medical assessment form for my mental health so can my partner complete my page 21?
              Your picture hasn't shown. What is the title of page 21

Comment

It’s other information but states “if any of your carers, friends or relatives want to add any information, they can do it here. This may be because they know the effects your disability, illness condition have on how can do things on a daily basis”.
                a friend of many years has completed for my partner and my sister is going to complete my form.

Comment

It’s other information but states “if any of your carers, friends or relatives want to add any information, they can do it here. This may be because they know the effects your disability, illness condition have on how can do things on a daily basis”.
                  a friend of many years has completed for my partner and my sister is going to complete my form.
                  Page 4 top half you need to put your GP details in specifically.

Bottom half of page 4, most people would put in another healthcare professional, support worker, friend/family/carer

Whoever fills in page 21, must also supply their details in page 4 in case they have further questions "Please complete page 4 with their contact details as we may contact them for more information to support your claim."

But you can include additional info on other sheets of paper. If page 4 isn't enough space, just get another sheet of paper and as long as you title it properly, it can be included "If you need to give us more information on a separate sheet of paper, please put your name and National Insurance number on it". If may help to write beside the box on the form - please see additional sheet number 1/2/3, etc

It is quite normal for people to have a few sheets of paper that say Q4 continued, Q15 continued, etc. Those boxes they give you to write in are tiny.

There are lots of guides for filling in these forms online. The form you have is a UC50 and UC claimants get that one, it is pretty much the same form as ESA50 and it's the same criteria you are assessed against, so even looking at an ESA50 guide can be helpful.

Here is a link to one - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be.../fill-in-form/

Comment

Working...
                  X